Monday, February 2, 2009

Sinking in

This morning I woke up feeling a bit different...I think this pregnancy might be sinking in. This morning was really the first time I actually looked down at my belly & thought "wow, there is a baby in there". I've looked at my growing belly, and I know there is a baby in there, but today it was just kinda different. I'm not really sure how to explain my feelings. I still don't think it has sunk in 100% but it it s-l-o-w-l-y sinking in. I think (and hope) that after my big ultrasound on February 23rd I will (hopefully) get good news and then I can start to relax & let it sink in instead of fighting it (not sure if "fighting" the proper word).
I just wanna hear that my baby will be healthy.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Just wait, it'll really start to sink in once you feel the baby move all the time. Then you'll have no doubt at all that there's really a baby in there.
I am sure your scan will be here soon! Mine is Feb 18th, and I can't wait.

Crysi said...

It does take time for it to sink in. I think it finally hit with my first pregnancy when I looked down in the shower and could no longer see my feet. That felt so weird. I look everyday now since I'm growing so much faster with twins.

My big ultrasound is in a week. I too am worried they'll find something wrong, even though I've already had 3 ultrasounds so far. I keep thinking of all the possible problems, especially after the doctor said there's more likely to be birth defects with twins. gee, thanks. That puts the pregnant lady's mind at ease.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, I know what you mean! Even still I look down at my belly like EVERY DAY and say "Holy shit there's a baby in there!"

I'm 27 weeks pregnant now, and feeling him shift from one side of the belly to another is so weird!! My one half of the belly will be flat while there will be a huge bump on the other side, so it's hilarious to watch LOL!