Monday, January 12, 2009

12 week ultrasound

Frank & I just got home from the 12 week ultrasound & it was truly AMAZING!!!! The baby was moving so much it was crazy. We could see his/her little arms & legs moving around, fingers & toes, s/he was bouncing around...I couldn't believe it! When there would be a pause & the sonographer wasn't moving around on my belly (like when she was typing in some information) it seemed like the baby would go back to sleep. When that happened the sonographer would push gently around on my stomach that would get the baby moving all around again, it was sooooo cool!! She did a bunch of measurements, saw the spine, nasal bone & said everything looked ok. Then counted the heartbeat at 154 which she said was good.


She gave me 2 pictures but I'm sure there were better ones. We really did see a lot today but the pictures we got don't really show much, especially the side profile. The front view is cool because you can actually see where the eyes are even tho s/he does look like a bug or alien, but s/he is MY bug or alien :)


Side profile


front view


The next ultrasound is in 6 weeks on February 23rd. I just can't believe how slooooow these days/weeks are going.

0 comments: