Friday, January 16, 2009

Monthly Appointment- 3rd month

Today I had my monthly ob/gyn appointment. She has one of those fetal monitors so we were able to hear the baby's heartbeat...that's definitely fun!! She said everything sounded good. Since I had the ultrasound the other day & they took a Maternal Serum Screening by putting drops of blood on paper, I asked her if she received the results. When looking at the paper she said everything looked good BUT the doctor from the ultrasound recommended I have genetic counseling. The reason she recommended is because I am currently on methadone maintenance which my doctor didn't understand because methadone maintenance doesn't cause a genetic problem. I guess I will just have to wait & see how things go with that.

The doctor gave me samples of a prenatal vitamin since Prenate Elite was discontinued. They are called CitraNatal Assure....I will give these a try & see how things go.

0 comments: