Sunday, December 28, 2008

Colace (a straight forward post)

If you get grossed out easy I wouldn't read any further. I'm being pretty blunt & descriptive about pooping....hey, it's my journal :)

I'm not the type to poop every day, actually if I go weekly then I'm happy. I'm on methadone maintenance program & that really makes it difficult to go. Before I got pregnant I would take 2 Dulcolax pills once a week if I didn't go, that would basically clean me out. Once I found out I was pregnant I couldn't take the laxatives anymore, I was just waiting to see. OMG it was hell....if I did go it's like little hard marbles. I would try taking more fiber in my diet, eat more fruit especially grapes but I'm not very good at eating healthy every day. Finally on my last doctor's appointment I asked her about taking Colace--she said to take 100mg twice a day. The first 3 days I took it once & I saw a slight improvement on the 3rd day (since it takes up to 3 days to take effect). Now for the last week I've been taking it twice a day & it's getting much better...the marbles are starting to be more like doughnut holes (sorry). I'm not going everyday but I am going a couple times a week which is soooo much better than what I was doing before. If you are having trouble give Docusate Sodium (Colace) a try (take to your doctor first of course), all it does it add water to your bowels to make it easier to pass.

0 comments: