Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Prenate Elite

Since finding out I was pregnant I made major changes like quitting smoking (after almost 17 years) & stopped drinking caffeinated drinks (when all I drink is Pepsi & Snapple Ice Tea--like 2 liters a day). So for the last few weeks I really haven't had a good night sleep, a side effect of quitting smoking. I would wake up about every hour or two but I would normally fall right back to sleep. I was also having crazy dreams that would wake me up or I would have to pee. This has been going on for 3 weeks now....


The prenatal vitamins my doctor prescribed are Prenate Elite. She said that if it causes nausea to take them at night before going to bed. Instead of learning the hard way I decided to take them before bed anyway. I would have to wait until my 1st wake up to take it because we eat dinner late & I have Carvel every night--the vitamins should be taken on an empty stomach without diary. Every night during my hourly wake ups I would run to pee then I would have to get a big gulp of water because my mouth would be so dry...which then when I would wake up again I would have to pee then drink more water because I would be so dry...it was just a vicious cycle! I just figured the waking up was because of the quitting smoking so I just dealt with it.


Since it didn't seem like the prenatal vitamins were making me nauseous I decided to start taking them in the morning for now on. So last night I didn't take them & I actually slept well & only woke up 2 times. My mouth wasn't dry either, yay, so I didn't have to drink water so I wouldn't wake up an hour later having to pee..... It was just 1 night & I will have to see how it goes but I really think it has to do with the Prenate Elite being taken at night. It's also strange because when looking at the side effects it doesn't mention "sleep disturbances" or "insomnia" or "dry mouth" but that was happening to me. I will update after a few nights rest to see how things go but I think (and hope) I will start sleeping better, yeepee!!!

0 comments: