Sunday, December 14, 2008

Nausea & Vomiting

I've been a pretty lucky preggo! I've had maybe 3 bad nauseous episodes & that's it (so far, I'm only 8 weeks). I read in my book "What to Expect When you're Expecting" that a cause of morning sickness is an empty stomach & to have crackers or something when you wake up. Well my theory on why I haven't had morning sickness is because my stomach is never empty, I'm always eating! We usually eat dinner between 7:30pm-8:30pm then I go to bed shortly after (not good, I know) but that might be the reason I don't wake up sick, I still have something sitting in my stomach.....and during the day I'm usually nibbling on something. I've noticed that if I would hold off eating for a bit I would start getting a bit of a stomach ache. Today Frank was working & I thought he would be home normal time, 5:30pm but he wasn't. I was really having a craving for a hamburger from the diner but didn't want to go alone so I ate an apple & tried to wait for him. Finally a couple hours later he called & said 45 minutes but I started to slowly get nauseous. As I'm on my way to get him my nausea got stronger & stronger and when we got to the diner it was really bad that I actually threw up. This was the 1st time I actually threw up since being pregnant & it was bad because I had nothing to throw up. After that episode I felt a bit better & went into the diner & had my burger & fries....


So I guess I just have to remember to keep *something* in my stomach at all times.

0 comments: