Friday, March 13, 2009

5th Month appointment

Had my monthly doctor's appointment today. She weighed me at 176, oh lord another 5 lbs....thank god I'm pretty tall (5'8") so it doesn't show badly....even my doctor said "where are you hiding it?" hope it wasn't just to be nice, lol! We went to listen to the heartbeat & wow! The heartbeat was strong & so clear, it was a beautiful sound. She also measured my belly for the 1st time. She asked how I was doing & after I told her everything she said to "keep up the good work" which I found funny. It was a nice quick visit.
I had asked her about getting another ultrasound...the tech at the last u/s said that she didn't think they would need me to come again unless the doctor ordered one. The doctor said the insurance only pays for 3 & that one was my 3rd. She said we will see how things go & the doctor could always come up with an excuse if we needed one--- I took this as seeing if I will actually really need one & if I won't then we will make up an excuse to have another one....maybe wishful thinking. Anyway I do plan on having a 3D/4D ultrasound at about 26-27 weeks so I'll get to see my girl then...yay!

2 comments:

Crysi said...

I gained 10lbs... but the dr didn't say anything about it since it appears to all be in the belly.

I really like the name Fiona. It's cute and unique.

Inspired Instinct Design said...

Glad things are going well... don't worry about the weight gain, a small sacrifice to make for what you'll get in return :) it will come off again!

Its annoying that they do so few scans... I'd have one everyday if I could haha